“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Whistling In The Graveyard

Thursday, December 09, 2004

So things are looking a little better.

Yesterday I called the woman from the DHHR to ask how things were going with my Medicaid application.

See, November 7th I went to the Broadway clinic to see their doctor. He wrote a bunch of shit down and sent it to another doctor. So yesterday the DHHR woman tells me I need to see their doctor.

I assume this means I need to see the doctor that the first doctor sent his paperwork to.

I really need to quit assuming things when it comes to the government and it’s encrouching presence in my life.

It kinda went like this:

DHHR Woman: You need to see our doctor. I made you an appointment for the 10th.

Ford: OK. What’s the address.

DHHR Woman: Do you know where the Broadway clinic is?

Ford: Yes, I’ve been there.

DHHR Woman: Well you need to go there with our paperwork and application.

Ford: I went there on the 7th of last month with your application. In fact, YOU made the appointment for me.

DHHR Woman: Well we should have gotten that paperwork back by now.

Ford: That’s kinda why I called.

So tomorrow I need to call her back to see if I still need to go back to the clinic to see the doctor that didn’t look at my hernia to have him not look at my hernia again so that the government can decide if my hernia is bad enough to warrant them fixing it.

I informed her that we ARE working on a timetable as I’m running out of money and I’m getting shut-off notices on my utilities.

That’s when I got some measure of good news.

She said if I got any more shut-off notices to bring them to her and she’d take care of them.

So at least that’s taken care of.

So last night Jeremy, the Jew for all seasons, stayed up till 9 AM this morning and beat HALO 2. It was his first time and my 5th.

After that I slept better than I have in the last few weeks.

This was good, considering that today was December 8th.

I never really go into it here, but December 8th is a bad day for me.

But I managed to have a pretty decent day today, despite the date.
Anyways, I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow I have phone calls to make. I’m going to try to hold onto the cable modem at least till the end of the month. After that I may be offline for a day or two till I get some dial-up running.


Post a Comment

<< Home