“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Sunday, December 05, 2004

So I'm torn here.

There's a job that I'm capable of doing in my condition.

If I apply tomorrow, I'll get hired tomorrow.

I'd have a paycheck by Friday.

It's six days a week, the hours are different each day, and the employers suck, but it's easy money.

But what will it do to my chances of getting my surgery done? Will it disqualify me for benefits? I don't care if I lose all the other 'help' they've offered, but I still need medicaid.

But if I don't take the job I'll have all my utilities shut off before they decide to help me pay my utilities.

The nicest thing about this job is that it's so crappy that I won't be upset if I get fired from it. In fact, if I get sick of it it'll be fun to make them fire me.

Then maybe I'll be able to get unemployment.

Hell, maybe I can now. I never checked because I was trying to get this taken care of before I fucking hit bottom.

Well the bottom, my friends, is near.

But it's not here yet.

Wish me luck. I may actually apply tonight, which means I may be in training as soon as tomorrow. If things work out, I'll be bitching about my crappy job in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home