“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Monday, November 29, 2004

So I took my Grandmother to the insurance people to get some kind of insurance on the house I’m now living in.

We got it, but that’s not what I’m posting about.

Grandma made me lunch today.

It was really good, as it allways is, till desert...

Both of my Grandmothers are excelent cooks, but having lived through the depression they sometimes have very interesting ideas about what is edible.

She made Waldorf Salad.

Apple chunks, raisins, mini marshmallows, cellery, honey, and it’s all stuck together with a huge glob of mayonaise.

Yeah.

I was going to just stir it up and wipe the back of the spoon on my plate to make it look like I had eaten some, but she never left the room so I could employ my subterfuge.

I just avoided it till she said "Try some of the salad".

That was hours ago.

I still may puke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home