“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Friday, December 03, 2004

Thanks for the support after yesterday's post. I really am feeling better today.

So I made some calls.

I paid the two bills that were going to be shut off. Not the whole amount mind you, but enough that I should be good on them for a while.

Then I called the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). A week ago I got paperwork in the mail for a discounted phone plan, but it had no instructions as to what to do with it once I filled it out. They tell me today that I can't send that paperwork to anyone because I have to see another doctor to determine if I'm really disabled.

Now remember, all I want from these people is insurance for about a month. That's all I ask, but while they drag thier feet I lose more and more money. I'm becoming dependent on thier money, money I didn't ask for and don't really want, while they decide weather or not I'm eligible for them to help me with the thing I did ask for.

I'm getting help that I wouldn't have needed if they would have helped me with the thing I needed help with in the first place.

Is it any wonder I'm going mad?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home