“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

So yeaterday I, and some friends I duped into helping, performed the final bug-bombing run on my "Little House in the Ghetto". As we're litterally leaping out the front door just ahead of the billowing cloud of toxic gas, the neighbor gets my attention. It seems the night before she actually had to chase someone out of my new backyard. The reason? Well, since EVERYONE in the neighborhood knows that the house is now empty, and EVERYONE in the neighborhood knows that nobody has been there for a couple of days, This guy decided to come by, after dark, to dig up my Grandmother's flowers which are still growing there.

Allow me to ask: WHAT THE FUCK?

To make matters worse, I mention it to my Mother who insists that I immediately go 'rescue' said plants.

So that's what I did today.

As a side note, as I was weeding around my grapevine in the new yard I discovered a copious ammount of a plant that I later identified online as Beladonna Aconite also known as Deadly Nightshade.

Oh, I also learned what poison Sumac looks like. The hard way. Being a homeowner rocks, lemmietellya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home