“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Those of you that read this blog with any regularity know that not long ago, due to a medical mishap, I died. You know this because I'm seemingly incapable of shutting up about it.

Anyways, it's raised a bit of a debate amongst the people that hang out at my place and it is thus: I say, you get one life, you get one death. I died once, so I don't intend to do it again. They say "Yeah, but you came back, so you're still alive." But the way I see it, sure I came back, but I got the same life that I had before, complete with the same body. Fucking YAY. Actually, it's not even really the same body, as I'm missing several parts and forget any resale value. I didn't know until a full year after the incident that they removed my appendix while they were in there. It's not like I was using it for anything; but still, I like to know where all my parts are.

But this does beg an interesting question. If I really must die again, and as I stated I don't intend to, what would be a good way to go? I can cross 'Bleeding to death on own blood' off the list as it rather sucked last time. Then again, I wasn't feeling well at the time and I might have gotten a bad opinion of it...

I was thinking it would be cool to explode. Not like stepping on a landmine or something, just walking down the street and BOOM! No warning, just total immolation in full view of as many bystanders as possible. Maybe walking past a schoolyard at recess. Wouldn't that be fucking great! Or maybe in someone's living room. Preferably someone I didn't like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home