“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Thursday, March 10, 2005

OK guys I'm back, and as promised here's that good news.

By now you all know about my health problems and about how the government has been fucking with me. Some of you also know that about two weeks ago, give or take a few days, I called the office of West Virginia Senator Donna Boley.

Well I got a call on Tuesday morning from the good Senator's office. Her secretary told me that it looked like I'd be getting both Medicaid and money to help me pay my bills. They said if I didn't hear something by Friday (tomorrow as I write this) then call the office back and they'll find out why.

So this is good news indeed, but I'm not holding my breath just yet. I've dealt with the government too much to think I'm out of the woods on this.

As usual, I'll keep you informed.

In any event it better happen soon as my bills still seem to have no trouble finding my house.

One in particular is bugging me. My electric bill got behind enough a while back that I got a shut-off notice and I'd been riding the wave before it, just paying off the over amount for a while. Eventually I got on a payment plan and slowly paid it off and now all I owe is a regular bill with no back balance.

Sweet, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. Then I got two bills this month. One of them is my regular bill. The other one says that if I don't give them $50 as insurance against falling behind again then they're going to shut off my electricity.

That's right. When I owed them about $100 over my regular bill they didn't shut me off, but now that I'm caught up they'll shut me off if I don't give them extra money.

Money that, goes without saying, I don't have to give them.

Is it just me, or does that kinda suck? I mean, what's the point of trying to get ahead? Oh well, I'm gonna call them tomorrow and tell them that unless I get my government aid I can't pay that, so they'll either have to wait for it or fucking eat it. If they don't like it I'll call the better business bureau.

Or perhaps a certain Senator...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home