“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

So I got the electric bill paid this morning.

I also now have enough to pay the Police Trash & Fire bill, which I will be doing tomorrow.

The cable bill? Who knows? It’s at the bottom of my priorities right now. I might very well let it go altogether. At the very least I’ll probably have to ditch the cable modem which means you guys will be seeing a bit less of me online.

The idea of going back to dialup disgusts me, but it’s what I’ve been reduced to.

So after I dropped Nate off at work this morning I went to the local record shop to see if they were hiring. I got into a conversation with the clerk (he’s been there for years, but I don’t remember his name).

It went something like this:

Ford: So, you guys hiring by any chance?

Clerk: No. There’s only two employees besides the owner and that's enough for the business we get.

Ford: Dammit. This sucks. I’ve got a college degree and I can’t even get an interview at fucking Hollywood Video.

Clerk: Well don't feel too bad, I have a degree and I work here.

Ford: English degree?

Clerk: Yeah, how'd you know?

For those of you that don’t know, I have an English degree, though if you’ve read any of my blog you’d have figured that out by this point from the way my life tends to play out.

So after I walked outside and murdered a random person I felt much better.

Anyone want to pay me to kill anyone? I’m sure you’ll find me competitively priced.

Upon returning home I called Charleston again. This time I had them patch me right through to Senator Donna Boley. Senator Boley helped out my friend Nathan (not the one that lives with me) about 8 or 9 years ago when the government shut down and he wasn’t getting his pay from the military.

Apparently she knows how to get results.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home