“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ok, bit of clarification on last night's post.

I have a very personal thing against the very concept of organized religion and last night I viewed the Pat Robertson earthquake video for the first time and I was extremely pissed off when I wrote that post.

Now, I still feel that the world would be better if organized religions were either done away with or changed so that the Robertson's of the world can't profit from them anymore by sowing hatred and ignorance.

I don't hate the followers of religions and I don't hate Christians in particular. Most of the one's I've met have been inherently good people, some are good, close, personal friends even. While I'll never understand the tendency to ascribe to an organized religion anymore than they will understand why I do not it doesn't mean we can't be friends. I can even engage in philosophical conversation on the subject of religion, just so long as I keep in mind that I'm not going to steer anyone away from their religion anymore that they're going to talk me into joining theirs.

So here's what I want to make clear:

1: I don't think you're stupid if you're a Christian, or any other religion. I think religions themselves are stupid, but I have personal issues there that probably color my views.

2: I still think Pat Robertson needs to at least be removed from television and stripped of all the money and possessions he gained from spreading his hatred and lies. I'd still like to see him killed though.

My overall point was this, say you work at a company. You like this company, you feel it does good things and the people you work with are your friends. Then one day one of the CEO's of the company comes out and says that victims of natural disasters were evil people and were asking for it. You still love the people you work with and the company you work for, but this person is out of line and because he's saying this shit on TV with the company logo behind him (and lets face it, the cross is the most recognizable company logo on the planet) he's making you all look bad. If I didn't know a few of you and know that you're basically good people I'd think you all thought what he does.

Good news is though, you're not working for Pat Robertson. He's just a dick saying stupid, ignorant things, but he's doing it in front of YOUR logo. Stop him! That's all I'm saying. And if you have to kill him, hey, save me the head and I'll gladly join the group that does him in.

You Christians better hurry. If some other religious group kills him first I'll show no favorites.

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home