“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Saturday, July 30, 2005

So I went to my meeting this morning and one thing is certain: My lawyer is HOT.

Yes, she's a woman godammit.

She seems to think that I have a good case, but to strengthen it I should go see a psychiatrist. She figures that any prooven mental disorder could only help at this point.

That's going to be fun.

What really sucks is this could still take up to a year to resolve. But if I do win I'll be getting a buttload of money. Granted I'll have to give a quarter of that buttload to my attorney now, but if she can make it happen then she'll have earned it.

Let's just hope that that's not the only involvement I have with her ass...

Of course, if my going to the psychiatrist leads to me being institutionalized it may greatly speed up the process, but it'll severely hamper my beach plans.

According to Jan (the Lawyer in question) the thing that hurts my case the most is the fact that I'm a college graduate. See, SUPPOSEDLY, a college degree makes it easier to find a good job. When she said this I asked her the same question I ask anyone when they ask me why I don't just get a job: "Are you hiring?" The answer is invariably no. I'm in too bad a shape physically to do any fast food or labor jobs, or anything else that requires a lot of standing or walking. I could probably do a desk job, but they'd have to be really permissive about medical absences. That's not really a problem though because NOBODY IS HIRING.

God this town fucking sucks.

Of course it doesn't help that I have an English degree in a town full if illiterate morons. A preternatural ability with language means little in a place like this. For instance, did you know that there is a word for throwing someone or something out of a window? It's called Defenestration. Do you think knowing that is helpful at all here? Granted it does get you some strange looks if you mention it in your interview and you happen to be sitting in a fourth-floor office, but it doesn't get you a call back.

I guess all of this is forward progress though because now I have somebody on my side that knows what the fuck they're doing and she's significantly motivated to help. 25% of anything I get going back to last November up to $56,000. If I make enough off of this where that becomes an issue I'm fucking MOVING to the beach.

It seems suspicious to me though that when I told her about the woman at the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) telling me to get a lawyer, and even mentioning the one I was relating the story to by name, she laughed a little but she didn't seem surprised.

I've been saying for a while that the system intentionally drags things out so people will just give up or die, thus saving the government money. Well it also seems that they're throwing the lawyers an awful lot of money too by recomending that those seeking aid seek litigation. Seems like kickbacks to me. I think this is because so many lawyers go into politics and the ones at the top are helping out the ones at the bottom. You know, get some good decent lawyers in there and discourage the damn dirty hippies from trying to get in there and change things.

This is sounding familliar to me. I think I've ranted on this before.

Nonetheless, it seems to be true.

Plus, if you're giving lawyers lots of money to keep the system running you give them incentive to not fuck with it.

That's pretty much it for now. Tonight's my last night at my brother's place and tomorrow I'm going to try to finish that painting job. It sucks that it would just be a couple days work if I was in good shape, but of well...

Oh, one last thing. I spent yeterday and last night over here at my brother's place and wouldn't you know it, the damn mouse gets caught while I'm not home. It had already licked off all the peanut butter days ago so either it was jonesing for more peanut butter, got clumsy and tripped over the damn empty traps, or he committed suicide when he realized where he was living.

So he's dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home