“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Monday, June 20, 2005

Ok, good news is I'm just barely going to squeeze by on the bills this month. Bad news is, I still have no idea how I'm going to get through next month. But if I can get through next month AND the mysterious research the government is doing tells them what anyone's eyes plainly can then I'll get a fat wad of cash with which to pay off the bills completely and not have to worry about them again till after I get my abdomen sewn back together.

What did I do to get the cash? I, and my stalwart roommate Jay, Helped my Mom clean out one of the stalls of her three stall garage and do a few other errands around the house. I hate asking my family for money (but I'm damn good at it) so I figured I'd do something in exchange for it.

As a result, I now feel like I've been beaten with a sack of wrenches and thrown out of a moving car. Right now my plan is to go back out to Mom's on Wednesday and start on the second stall, but that may require the aid of some pretty hefty painkillers. Which, fortunately, thanks to Medicaid I can now afford. :D

Too bad I have that damn superstition against using painkillers...

As I type this I'm sitting in the home of my friends Sham and Macheal. They've taken the kids off somewhere for a week and I'm tending thier animals. What's interesting about that is it's the very same house in which I killed my former landlord.

Some of you know the story, some of you are new, so I'll condense it. The full version is in my archives somewhere but I can't find it.

See, a few years ago, I spent an evening here in the company of said landlord which produced a humorous short story in which I kill him and bury him in the backyard. Well the next day as I'm printing off a copy of the story for the landlord, who I thought would see the humor and enjoy it, I get a phone call informing me that he's dead.

So now here I am sitting in the room in which I last saw him alive. I'm thinking this might make for another interesting story.

By the way, I'll likely be playing some Halo 2 on thier X-Box Live account over the next few days. If you wanna play me then shoot me an e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home