“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

OK, just a quick update.

Still no dead mouse. There is evidence that he's been eating the bait from the second trap and has still not sprung either of them. I am dangerously close to getting a cat.

I had planned to resume my painting job tomorrow, having taken the last two off due to extreme heat. It's supposed to cool down tomorrow, but it's almost 4 AM and it's still 86 degrees in my living room so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

And finally, I think I've officially given up on going to the beach. I mean, I COULD do it, but the repercussions would be pretty severe. So what I'm gonna do is finish the painting job, pay off the bills, and on Saturday I have a meeting with a local lawyer who specializes in Social Security cases. I figure I'll take the Social Security money and fix my car and go on a nice road trip when my finances are more secure. Maybe go down to Brian's, swing by Rich Fucking Sanders's place, and then wander on to the beach. It may be winter by then, but fuck it, I'm going to the goddamn beach.

But more about all that shit later. I need to try to get some sleep in case I have to go work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home