“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Monday, January 03, 2005

So I’ve got shit to do tomorrow.

Actually, I’ve got shit to do later today.

Why am I still awake at 5:30 AM?

Because the shit I have to do today is important shit, and important shit means that I can’t fucking sleep.

It doesn’t help that I didn’t sleep last night.

I went to bed. Hell, I went to bed early. And I was tired too. In bed at 4 AM, to wake up at 6:45 AM wide fucking awake.

I tried to go back to sleep but instead was treated to some weird-ass, half-lucid, semi-nightmare till 2 in the afternoon.

Fortunately, I managed to not crack another tooth grinding them together.

I’m up to five now.

Anyways, first, I need to go to the DHHR with my bills to try to get them to give me money to pay them. Or failing that, just get them to not shut the utilities off.

Then I need to go to the bank to cash a check I received in the mail from a generous reader for some artwork I did.

Then I need to take care of the past-due ammount on my cable bill. Yes, I know cable is a luxury, but it IS my entire budget alotment for entertainment.

Then I need to come home and call the plasma center and see if I can donate. Given my history of infections and the blood transfusions I received a while back and the medication I recently finished they probably won’t want me though.

Then I need to take Nate to work and while I’m out I need to walk my brother’s dogs (and while I’m there make myself a sandwich), come back home again, hopefully finish some more artwork for the above-mentioned reader, and start on a political cartoon for the guy at Graffiti for the job that they MIGHT consider paying me for.

It’s gonna be a full day.

One that I will surely fail to fully achieve any part of, but I will fail with implacable aplomb.

And that’s why I’m the coolest guy you know.

Peace out homies. I’ll write about New Years Eve later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home