“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Monday, September 27, 2004

So I'm back.

Home, Shit, Home.

Yer thrilled. I can tell.

Once again I've taken a few days off from the blog. This time was to completely crash from my vacation.

The surest sign of a good vacation is being more worn out than you were before you left.

By that measure I had a GREAT fucking vacation.

Anyways, my nieghbors still suck. The guy across the street with the propensity for beating on his power box now has no windows in his house. From the look of it they were broken from the outside, but hey, nothing would surprise me. They could throw monkeys out the damn windows and I'd say "Yep. They're throwing monkeys."

The family in the white house next to mine has increased thier number by one. Probably more than one, there's like 30 of the bastards, but this one is definitely new.

They have a dog.

They have the dog that would have been the star of Cujo if Stephen King had seen him before whatever childhood trauma made him hate St Bernards so much (Ironically it was Cujo that made ME hate St Bernards).

The newest (and probably smartest, cleanest and least parasite-ridden) nieghbor is in fact a rotwieler mix of some sort. I'd estimate his weight at about 130-140 lbs.

I'm not fucking kidding. If I could post pictures I'd show you one.

Thing is, the dog is the QUIETEST LIVING THING living next door.

I'm hoping it freaks out and eats a few of them.

I'm going to get a dog whistle and give the dog a playful jolt with it every time it displays nonviolent tendencies towards them.

Yes, I really have that little to do.

When I'm not ploting the doom of my nieghbors I play a lot of video games. Since I got back home I've mainly been playing Fable on the X-Box.

Here in the graveyard we've been anxiously awaiting the arival of Fable. My roommate Jay (AKA Dark Lord Jay) pre-ordered it and even got the preview DVD which we watched repeatedly.

Fable is a fantasy/medieval role playing game in which, the makers promised, every action affects the final outcome of the game. They also boasted 40+ hours of game.

First off, There's only four endings to the game. Second, there's only two choices that affect the outcome; the decision to be good or evil, and the decision of what to do in the end after you succeed in your quest.

Lastly, the biggest complaint amongst game critics was that the game was too short. One critic claimed to have beaten it in only ten hours. We figured that the critics were rushing through it and it would take us longer than that.

It took me 11 hours and 52 minutes.

I fucking sleep longer than that.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool game. It was a lot of fun to play, it works well, it sounds good, but it's just too damn easy and too damn short.

They promised us the moon and they handed us a pebble.

A damn entertaining pebble, but still a pebble.

My advice is rent it. If you can't beat it in one or two rental periods then you either need to lay off the bong or you need to get more assistance from your special-ed group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home