“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Beach Trip: Day One

6:00 AM: Went to sleep.

8:49 AM: Woke up. (Alarm was set for 8, but it never went off)

10:15 AM: Left house. Went to mall.

1:30 PM: Left Parkersburg.

5:00 PM: Brian "Wooooo!"'s as we enter Charlotte NC. (It's a pro wrestling thing. He's such a tool.)

5:20 PM: Stopped for lunch at 'Pizza Inn'.

7:00 PM: Left Charlotte NC. Brian "Wooooo!"'s again, only sadly.

6:45 PM: We realize that our directions are for the wrong place. We adjust our heading.

10:00 PM: We stop and buy a fucking map.

12:00 PM: We find Ocean Isle blvd.

1:30 AM: We find the hotel (which was ON Ocean Isle blvd, we just had trouble finding it in the fucking hurricane).

2:00 AM: I finally hit the beach.

The rain had stopped by then, but the waves were still pretty rough. I went in anyway. Fought the surf for a while. Then I went to the shore and just watched the waves roll in.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home