“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Saturday, October 11, 2003

So here's an update for everyone.

As of tomorrow night, 10/12/03, we should be all the way moved into the new place.

I have just found out that my hernia surgery will cost $8,500 of the $9,400 that I have left in my savings. I can't get a financial break on it because I have a little money and, apparently, a hernia the size of half a soccer ball "Isn't life threatening".

My employer still won't let me work, though they insist I'm still an employee, and they have now given away a job I was qualified for, even in my current condition, TWICE while I've been awaiting surgery.

I can't get on Social Security because I have too much money.

I now have a free place to live, so I'm moving out of my apartment because I don't have enough money to justify keeping it, even though I’d like to stay where I am.

I can't get unemployment because my employer, who won't employ me, says I'm still employed

My insurance company won't pay my old bills because they say I wasn't employed at the time I was sick, which I most definitely WAS. They won't pay my new bills because, even though I've paid up the premiums it's been 18 months sine they say I was terminated and they say they’re not obligated to keep paying more that 18 months after termination. All the while my employers still insist that I wasn't fired
.

What it all breaks down to is I'm moving into the ghetto, into a house that I kinda grew up in, that probably won't be worth the money and effort I'm going to put into it, and if I ever want to work again and get some medical insurance back then I'll need to get my surgery done, thus spending all the money I have left.

Seems I can't get Social Security to pay for the surgery, but after I go flat broke paying for it myself, and therefore no longer need it, I'll have little enough to get it.

Oh yeah, the 'exhaustion' thing? The doctors say it's a combination of exhaustion AND depression! Yay! So now I'm on happy pills. I have to say, I've never really been a proponent of the happy pills, I think 'The Kids in the Hall' had a very valid point with the movie "Brain Candy", but I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty good.

Oh, and just so I have some witnesses, the former occupant of the house, my Grandmother, just told me about the group of young men that for some reason occasionally run down the street wearing only quilts tied around their necks like capes. So when they eventually hospitalize me for seeing this happen you guys know it wasn't just in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home