“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Awright, another short but sweet one.

I'm to show up at the hospital in just a tad under seven hours from now. The same hospital, in point of fact, that fucking killed me a short while back.

I may have mentioned it once or twice in passing...

I wanted to do it somewhere else, but this is where my surgeon does his surgery and he's the best there is at what he does. Actually, I'll amend that, he's the best at what he does IN THIS TOWN.

That's an important goddamn distinction.

I go in at 8:00 AM, supposed to hit surgery at 8:30, only supposed to be unconscious for about 20 minutes or so and then I get released.

Sounds simple don't it?

Yeah, that fucking worries the hell out of me.

I have a way of complicating things. It's a damn good thing that I also have a way of beating odds.

And yes, I realize how goddamn prophetic that will sound if something goes terribly wrong...

But enough of that bullshit. This is minor surgery by any measure, but especially when compared to the shit I've already been through. For instance, did you know that when you have an intestinal perforation they have to check ALL of your intestines, every inch, for other perforations? Yeah, I don't even want to know how that works, but there's a good chance it involves all of my innards being pulled out and handled and then shoved back in.

Comparatively this should be a walk in the goddamn park.

One way or another I WILL make it back to my house though. See, I've got a date with a damn sexy nurse who's gonna check me over to make sure everything still works.

And she's VERY thorough...

So when I recover from my recovery (probably next week sometime) I'll post about what the hospital fucked up this time. Till then, here's a link to Maddox's post about the iPhone. I wanted to write an article about that overpriced hunk of crap, but I don't know anything about cellphones. I don't own one and I don't want to. Well Maddox does own one AND know technology, so I suggest anyone else that owns one (roughly ALL of you) should read this ESPECIALLY if you were thinking about buying that stupid fucking thing.

And just in case something DOES go wrong...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home