“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I went to bed at 8 this morning and got up at 12.

I say 'got up' instead of 'woke up' because I didn't get any sleep.

So I went with my sister to take my Mom's dogs to the vet.

Got back at my place at 3 and tried to sleep till 8.

Still didn't get any sleep.

I'm nervous about the state of my finances.

I'm working on it, and most of the time I feel fine, but when it comes time to sleep I get the fear.

The fear is an irrational paranoia that you just can't reason away. At least, not enough to let you sleep.

So here I am on an insomnia-bender.

I have an appointment with my caseworker on the 10th, but some of my bills are due on the 7th.

Due meaning they'll shut them off.

I have enough to keep them from getting shut off, but just barely.

However, I can't remember if my phone bill is one of the ones I got a shut-off for. I don't think it is, but since I'm staying at my brother's place tonight and the bills are at home where I can't check them I figure I'm looking at another sleepless night.

The DHHR has helped a little, but I'm sick of waiting on the government to help me, so I've started looking for a new job.

I don't suppose any of you are hiring?

I guess there's always trucking school.

Anyways, I ought to be fine if I can just keep everything turned on till the 10th.

Wish me luck.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home