“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Monday, March 01, 2004

What the fuck?

I just got The Sopranos Season 4 in the mail today and it's a goddamn bootleg. This is the second time I've tried to buy this thing on e-bay. The first one didn't show up and I had to file a complaint to get a refund, and now this one is a bootleg.

And it's not just that it's a bootleg, it's a BAD bootleg. The menus are all screwed up because they split the dual-layer discs up onto single layer discs, the special features won't play (what pisses me off in particular is the 'previously on' and 'next on' features don't work) and one of the discs won't play at all. Not even in my multi-region player.

I could have done the same thing using DVD X-Copy if I wanted to. I could have done it cheaper too, AND all of the fucking features would have worked. But here's the thing, I don't bootleg DVD's. Well, not if I can easily get a legit copy. Is something is out of print or just not offered on DVD I might pick up a bootleg like I did for the movie 'Orgazmo' which, so far as I know, has never been released on DVD. And if it ever is released on DVD I'll end up buying a legit copy because I believe in supporting those who make good movies.

True, if all of the features on this DVD set actually worked I wouldn't be complaining quite as loudly, but what the hell do you expect from someone that does comic strips of little kids smoking and drinking and saying fuck a lot?

So I'm putting out the call right here. If anyone reading this has The Sopranos Season 4 and would like to sell it then send me an e-mail and we'll work something out.

I gotta have my fix. I've been hooked on sweet, sweet mafioso goodness ever since Mistress Victoria showed me the first two Sopranos episodes I ever watched. I only hope my exposing her to 'Romeo Is Bleeding' somehow repaid that favor.

Anyways, that's the last time I order a DVD from China.

By the way, if any of you reading this have never seen The Sopranos (and I don't see how that's possible) get your hands on some episodes NOW. The show absolutely kicks ass.

I avoided it for a long time because I avoid anything that gets critical acclaim. This is mainly because critics don't know shit. They just know that harping on movies that nobody will ever watch makes them seem inteligent and elitist. The policy of doubting them absolutely was broken when I finally sat down and watched 'Pulp Fiction'. So they're right on the odd occasion, the sun even shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

But I fear Jeremy the Atomic-Jew might not react well to this news. He and I have been mainlining them ever since my friend Brian bought seasons one through three. We watched season one in one sitting.

We slacked off on season two. we watched it in two sittings.

Bada-bing, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home