“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Sunday, April 27, 2014

And time for another weird project!

Yes, it's been a while. Piss off.

Anyways, I used to play Dungeons and Dragons a lot. I mean a LOT. You're shocked, I can tell. I haven't played in several years now though, due to an unfortunate incident, but I was playing just a few years ago at The Guardtower on Bethel road. It's an awesome game store and I recommend it if you're into gaming. I haven't been back there since... well, lets just leave it at that. I haven't been back there in a while.

But I wasn't playing MY D&D then. I was playing one of the new ones. Third edition I think. Anything that came after TSR was bought by Wizards of the coast is NOT real D&D.

I started playing D&D in about 1986 or 87 with the original red box and eventually moved on to Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, also known as D&D 2.0 and then 2.5. I love them both, but Advanced D&D was an improvement and we played the shit out of it. As a result, it left my Players Handbook in something of a state. Well I found it the other day.
 photo Book001_zpsb75e2730.jpg
Book 002 photo Book002_zps7d708086.jpg
Book 003 photo Book003_zpseae175b1.jpg

Not very pretty. So I decided to do something about it. With some scraps of cloth and leather and a shitlosad of binder clips...
Book 004 photo Book004_zps03544a45.jpg

I ended up with this:
Book 005 photo Book005_zpsdb15dfc2.jpg
Book 006 photo Book006_zps68eff7a1.jpg
Book 007 photo Book007_zpse7d6eceb.jpg

So to sum up, I took an abused gaming manual from a version of the game that people don't play anymore and that I personally haven't played in ANY form in a few years and I bound it in leather CAUSE THAT'S HOW I ROLL.

Actually, it's kinda making me want to play again. Maybe it's time.

Oh, and to those of you who are concerned, it's not real leather and it was recycled anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I'm just now getting into tabletop RPGs. I found Pathfinder at PAX-East and my friends and I are going to do some sessions soon. Can't wait!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Ford said...

I haven't tried Pathfinder yet, but I hear good things. I'm actually working on an RPG of my own. If I ever finish it I'll send you a copy.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have already told you, that if you wish, may join in on our Pathfinder follies. We have loads of fun especially when certain players are altered out of their minds lol.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home