“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ugh.

Ok, there's a few reasons for this latest gap in my postings.

First off, This was February, which means Valentine's Day, which means yet another long diatribe on the evilness of that day. Well I didn't have time to truly convey the disgust I harbor for that vile day because of reasons two and three.

The second reason is that I've felt like shit. Between having another sinus infection and another leg infection (and a damn painful one this time) and being on lots of medications which have made things like coherent thought and remaining awake rather taxing, I haven't really felt like it.

But number three is the real reason and it is a most insidious one indeed. See, for months now Mike and Scott and Brian have been bugging me about playing World Of Warcraft. "But you'll love it." They kept saying. They went on and on about how I was the perfect player. "No job, nowhere to go at any given time, this is a perfect use for all your free time." To which I replied that I already have a use for all that free time. It's called photoshop and a weekly comic strip.

However, when Scott, Mike and Mike's gay hair came ofer to my place with the game and a new video card for this shit-box I call a computer I figured what could it hurt? If they're going to upgrade my computer so I can play it I might as well give it a shot, right?

Those motherfuckers...

So i've been playing World Of Warcraft a lot. The server is actually down for maintenence right now, so I thought I'd duck in here and let you guys know what was up. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it, as I'm not playing it any more than any other new game I get, but I do tend to hit new games pretty hard. It doesn't have a lot of backstory to it like most other Role Playing Games, but the biggest problem with those other games is that they end. This one doesn't. It's other biggest difference from other role playing games (excepting other MMORPG's) is that you can interact with other real people.

But I can hear you saying to yourselves "But don't you hate other people?" well yes, yes I do, which is why that particular element won't be hooking me too much. It's nice to be able to interact with Mike, Scott and Brian, but since I'm usually playing between midnight and six in the morning and they all have jobs and/or lives I really don't see them on there very often. Apart from them I have met a few people that I talk to now and again, but I spend most of my time just playing the basic game.

Something, I should point out, that I could do a lot easier if I had more RAM than it takes to barely run the game...

But yeah, it's not bad. It's not as good as Fable for the X-Box, but Fable is pretty short. The first time I played it I beat it in less than a week. There's no danger of that happening with Warcraft.

Anyways, I need to get some artwork done before the goddamn game comes back online and before my meds put me to sleep again (I'm back to 12 hours at a stretch again) so if anyone reading this is a fellow addict I'm an undead warrior named 'Yorack' on the Shadowmoon PVP server and I'm on quite a bit.

Later.

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home