“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Sunday, January 14, 2007

So yeah, been gone a while again. Where to begin?

Terribly Wrong Online has been updated again, so there is, of course, a new strip up. I missed the week before that due to physical illness. Fortunately that has subsided and left me with just the mental illness that makes cranking them out possible.

Oh yeah! For the sake of continuity, an update on my rant about the Playstation 3. After people camped out for weeks, got in fights and even took a bullet or two just to get ahold of a PS3 to re-sell on eBay the tables have turned! See, as I stated previously, the majority of the people that bought the PS3 did it because thier $600 investment could easily be rolled over into an average of $1,500.

That was before X-Mas.

Now I figured this frenzy would cool out a little after X-Mas and boy did it. This is largely because nobody knew how bad the PS3 games were because nobody could play them because the scalpers bought them all. So once the X-Mas buyers stopped buying and a few people got to play the shit-tacular games, the average eBay price fell from $1,500 (a profit of about $900) to about $350 (a loss of about $250). Many scalpers are returning the units they camped out for to the stores unopened.

What do I think about that?

I think it's goddamn hilarious is what I think.

Hear that scalpers? Suck my nuts! HA-HA-HA!!! I wish more of you had gotten shot, you scavengers of human misery!

Furthermore, it seems that the returned units (and the new ones too) aren't selling. Not even in Japan, which is a market usually dominated by Sony. Probably because the Japanese like things as small as possible and Sony decided to make thier new machine the size and weight of your average American refrigerator. Mark my words, the next time the companies release thier new hardware I guarantee the first day sales will be final.

I have an appointment with my surgeon on Morgantown on February 22. Hopefully by then I'll have heard from the disability people because that's pretty much the whole reason I'm having the appointment.

See, to sum up my last few medical posts, I aplplied for disability some time ago (like a couple YEARS) and have only recently gotten the government to come to the conclusion that '>THIS might be a problem. (Caution: That link is very disgusting.)

ugh. I need sleep. I'll write more tomorrow. Till then, here's a pic of ny little sister's X-Mas gift to me. a dozen of these.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you don't recognize the picture, you don't come here often enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home