“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Someone once said that even when you fall on your face you're still moving forward.

I'm fairly certain he was referring to me in one of my past lives.

I like to imagine that I strangled him for it.

In any event, I'm about to go for another Olympic caliber face-plant. I'm going to Columbus on Friday to talk to my surgeon about scheduling, well,... surgery.

Yes, by now you've all heard the story about my near-death experience (as I never shut the fuck up about it) and the mishaps that followed, well it's time for the comedic Coup-de-Gras. I've decided to try and get on with my life, an action that usually causes me nothing but trouble. It does typically make for a good story or two.

The good news is I'll be having it done in Columbus Ohio at University Hospital. I considered having it done in Morgantown, at my Alma Mater, but the guy in Columbus has already poked around in my innards once with positive results. No need to go tempting fate by bringing in a new guy.

Speaking of trying to move forward, I re-applied for my old job with my old employer (the one that claims I've been employed all this time) and it's looking more and more like they've been yanking me for the last few years.

That's probably all I should say about that for now.

Oh, I got to hang out with some people last night in a way that I haven't done for some time. Meaning mainly that it was at someone else's house.

It was a small get together celebrating the return of our friend Chris from Iraq. He'd been there pretty much since all the crap began, since before the last time I had surgery even, and that's been almost two years, so it's good to have him back, especially unharmed. Cards were played, beers were drank, herbal refreshments were consumed, it was like being back in college (have I mentioned how much I miss college?).

On an interesting side note, Raychel, the girlfriend of my friend Ryan that messes around with computers with me, is a huge Lil' Zombie fan and she wants us to do her a Lil' Zombie Computer mod. I find this intensely cool for a few reasons.

#1: I like painting stuff.

#2: I like doing Lil' Zombie.

#3: I love doing weird modifications to computers.

#4: I love it when people like my work.

#5: My art is one thing in my life that I don't seem to fuck up too badly.

So it goes without saying that I can't wait to get started on the project. Skull power button, plexiglas window, mural on one side, 5-volt cigarette lighter. Hell, I think I'm even going to do wallpaper and a screen saver. If I figure out the screen saver bit I'll see if the real-life Zombie can put it up on Chaos In Motion (CIM) for anyone to download.

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of it and I'll probably do a feature on it for CIM. I've been meaning to do some actual writing for the site anyway. I think this might be a good way to start.

So I'll let you guys know about the surgery thing just as soon as I do. It'll likely be a few months before they can get me in. I'll post the room number and stuff as soon as I can.

Later Space Cowboys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home