“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

OK, I know I haven't posted in a few days. Well, no real posts anyway. That’s because shit's been going on. The refreshing thing about it is it's not my shit this time. That's not to say that makes it any better, it's just that I'm not responsible for this shit.

Given the nature of the problems though you'd think I was involved. See, several of my friends are having relationship problems at the moment. (You all know who you are so I shan’t elaborate.) And I am trying to walk the line between being silently supportive and offering my opinion.

Those of you familiar with my romantic life know exactly why my opinions on this should be kept to myself.

I like to think I'm rather intelligent (genius level IQ if you were wondering), I have a functioning familiarity with psychology and I've made countless attempts at relationships in my life. I will not, for a single moment, pretend I know a damn thing about women.

I’ll go you one further than that. You, reading this right now, YOU have a better sex life than I do.

My friends having problems, the elderly, even people who have lost their genitals in strange accidents, all of you have better luck with your respective opposite sex than I do.

Yes, even you Skippy.

So it’s frustrating. I want to help out with wise council, but relationship advice from me is like a steak house review from Ghandi. We can say something that sounds intelligent and wise, and we’d mean well, but it would all be based on secondhand information and we’d really have no fucking idea what we were talking about.

In short, I’ll be whatever help I can, but if I offer advice… please don’t take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home