“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Sunday, January 25, 2004

I've got a question.

I noticed that Superbowl Sunday is the sunday of the week after the week that contains Martin Luther King Day, which is on a monday.

My question is why can't we arrange things so that MLK is the day after the Superbowl? We don't need to move MLK Day, just reschedule the Superbowl. That way everyone can get really trashed at a Superbowl party and have the next day to sleep it off.

And for all you people that are already starting to formulate an angry reponse to this about my wanting to 'cheapen' MLK day just ask yourself: what better way to lead into MLK Day than with the biggest event of a sport that's dominated by King's people?

Plus we can all, in unity and harmony, get really drunk and not have to work the next day.

Think about it people.

I'm gonna go collect my Nobel Peace Prize now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home