“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

So we watched "Cabin Fever" today.

It was OK for what it was; a quick, cheap, easy, horror film.

Not a lot of explaination behind it, just straight into the ooey-gooey, gory goodness. The effects were decent, though the plot (what there was of it) wasn't too deep. It was just a loose framework to fold the deaths together. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing.

The special features are pretty good too. They're funny. The funniest part being when the production designer talks about how hard they tried to make the titular cabin look unique, and then the director explains that people keep asking him if it was the same cabin from Evil Dead. (From the outside it's almost identical. Complete with the famous workshed out back.)

Over all, it could have been better, but I've seen a lot worse. It's worth watching once, and maybe owning if you find it used somewhere. I don't really see it as a must-have though.

By the way, there IS talk of a sequel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home