“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Monday, January 19, 2004

Everyone enjoying thier day off?

Yes, it's that day once again, of course I'm refering to General Robert E. Lee's birthday!

Just kidding. Funny how it falls on the same day as MLK day this year though huh? Anyways, I hope we're all doing something to celebrate having the day off. Three day weekends rule. Of course it would mean a lot more to me if I hadn't been out of work for the last two years...

so whatever you do to celebrate, march in a parade, read King's biography, watch some educational TV on the civil rights movement, bear in mind that I'm right there with you. I'm watching the Spongebob Squarepants marathon on Nickelodeon and I plan to see it through clear to the end!

And yes, it DOES pretain to the idea of racial harmony. Ever watch that show? No two characters are the same color, yet they all live together.

So bite me.

But serriously, (Can I be serrious?) I too look forward to the day when the human race can stop hating people because the color of thier skin, so we can hate each other for the content of our characters.

"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important." -
Martin Luther King Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home