“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Friday, January 16, 2004

It's been almost two weeks since I took my car to the shop and there's still no word from them. All I know is that it seems to have a burnt valve and they had to take the head to the shop. It should be OK. It's just a matter of waiting.

Those of you who know how I am about that car know that the waiting is not going by quickly.

This period of time marks the longest I have ever been away from my car, including even my most lengthy hospital stay, since college. And in those cases I knew that the car was at home and safe.

I've actually felt less anxiety than this before going into major surgery. You'll all be happy to know that I'm dealing with it well. I've gnawed my fingernails down to bloody stumps, I'm eating more than usual (Which is quite a feat), and I'm masturbating like a circus monkey. It's nice to see that SOMETHING hasn't changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home