“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

So I might have mentioned that I moved into an old house in a bad part of town. Did I mention that it's really fucking cold?

Last night I went to bed expecting to be really fucking cold, as usual. See, we have old shitty windows because it's an old house. Like really old. Like 1910 old. It's fairly solid except for the windows, which hold heat about as well as your average screen door.

So I go to bed. The houses' sole heater is burning along in the living room downstairs and all is well. Till the temperature dropped just a bit.

You know when you're so cold you can't feel your toes? I couldn't feel my fucking legs.

If I survive the winter I'm putting in central air just as soon as I can afford it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home