“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Thursday, December 18, 2003

So we went to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King tonight. Thing is, we were expecting to see the 10 PM showing, but as it's like five hours long or so, they don't have a fucking 10 PM show. Something about security. I guess they're afraid everyone's going to turn into werewolves and descend on the snack bar or some shit.

So we show up an hour into the last showing of LOTR and we decide to watch Bad Santa instead.
I'm not certain if I can adequately describe this movie. Suffice it to say, it's about the most fucked up thing I've ever seen. And having lived with Richard C. Sanders for any length of time that is REALLY fucking saying something. (Remind me to tell all of you the story about Kovind the Indian Cowboy sometime if you doubt me.)

Fucked up in a good way though. That way I like so much. In fact, it's the sort of movie that I wish I had written. It gives me hope that if I ever DO write anything more than 50 pages long there may be a market for it.

Writers block is a bitch.

Anyways, I recomend Bad Santa to everyone, ESPECIALLY if you're easily offended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home