“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

For my cubicle dwelling and former cubicle dwelling friends

Top 10 Drawbacks to Working in a Cubicle...


10. Being told to "think outside the box" when you're in a freakin' box all day long.

9. Not being able to check e-mail attachments without turning around to see who's behind you.

8. Cubicle walls do not offer much protection from any kind of gunfire.

7. That nagging feeling that if you press the right button, you'll get a piece of cheese.

6. Lack of roof rafters for the noose.

5. The walls are too close together for the hammock to work right.

4. 23 power cords - 1 outlet.

3. Prison cells are not only bigger, they also have beds.

2. The carpet has been there since 1976 and shows more signs of life than your co-workers.

And the number 1 drawback to working in a cubicle ...

1. You can't slam the door behind you when you quit.

I know this may sound a little off coming as it does from a mostly unemployed person (I still TECHNICALLY have a job. I just don't technically go there and they don't technically pay me anymore.), but why do people put up with the cubicle? Yeah, I know, "That's where you have to sit because that's where they put the computer." Well I damn near got a cubicle job and I thank god every day that I decided not to study for that stupid airline code test, which resulted in my failing and getting canned.

Cubicles exist because people willingly sit in them. I urge you all, if you're sitting in a cubicle right now, reading this, QUIT. That's right, quit your job. If you don't like your fucking little box, or the shitty pay, or your moron co-workers, then fucking quit.

Good people get stuck in shitty jobs they hate because they're afraid of not having a job. Well if everyone that had a shitty job quit at once it would send quite a fucking message wouldn't it? We might earn a bit of respect from the assholes in charge. If you define yourself by the relationship you’re in, they say you have a problem. Well what if you define yourself by what you’re forced to do for a living cubicle-dweller?

Quit fucking taking it. QUIT YOUR FUCKING JOB!

Better do it now before they give it to a damn foreigner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home