“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Friday, April 29, 2005

When am I gonna learn to keep my fucking mouth shut?

So they shut the fucking cable off today. This has a lot to do with the fact that we owe them about three months worth of bills. The fact that we owed them had a lot to do with us not having the money to pay them.

On Monday we would have been able to make a payment. This is Friday. If they’d waited till Monday we wouldn’t have to pay a reconnect fee. But they did give us three months worth of back bills before they shut us off.

It’s just that the timing sucked.

Anyways, they’ll schedule us to get our channels turned back on next Tuesday if we give them $217 on next Monday. I can have it, but I can think of better things to spend it on. Particularly when it comes to internet service. See, when I discovered this morning that my cable was gone I hooked up an old 56k dial-up modem and logged into a free service a buddy of mine hooked me up with and if anything it’s FASTER than the service I was paying Charter communications for. This is because Charter SUCKS.

So it’ll be a pain not being able to use the net and the phone at the same time, but it’ll be less of a pain than paying Charter for shitty service.

I’m also going to try and dodge the reconnect fee by mentioning that it’d be cheaper to just sign up for Dish Network. Nobody thinks I can do it, but I have been able to keep all the other utilities turned on this long using my Jedi mind trick. I don’t think it’ll be too hard to convince them to let me off when I explain that if I go to Dish Network then I’m not going to pay them the back money I owe them.

Can I do it? Stay tuned and find out! In the meantime I’ll be online, just a whole lot less than I used to be. If you need to contact me urgently just call me. If you don’t have the number e-mail me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home