“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Friday, August 27, 2004

Well, it's the 27th.

I'm 30 now.

Dammit.

By the way, by some strange quirk of fate, it's also Rich's birthday today. Those of you that are familliar with my comic strip will remember him as the guy that's about to be sodomized in strip number 23.

So just to make me feel older, here's a list of things that happened the year I was born.




In 1974 (the year you were born)


Gerald Ford becomes president of the US


Hank Aaron hits his 715th home run to beat Babe Ruth's record


Impeachment hearings are opened against President Nixon by the House Judiciary Committee


President Nixon resigns


President Gerald Ford issues an unconditional pardon to ex-President Nixon for all federal crimes


Muhammad Ali knocks out George Foreman in the eighth round to regain the heavyweight crown in Zaire


Heiress Patty Hearst is kidnapped by and eventually joins the Symbionese Liberation Army


Dungeons & Dragons officially released


People magazine is published for the first time


Kate Moss, Alyson Hannigan, Penelope Cruz, Alanis Morissette, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Ryan Seacrest are born


Oakland Athletics win the World Series


Miami Dolphins win Superbowl VIII


Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup


Blazing Saddles is the top grossing film


All the President's Men by Woodward and Bernstein is published


"Killing Me Softly With His Song" wins Grammy for song of the year



What Happened the Year You Were Born?


More cool things for your blog at
Blogthings


I'm gonna go cry and masturbate simultaneously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home