“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Well, fuck.

I'm home from the doctor's office with mixed news.

The hernia can be fixed. Problem is, I need to lose some weight first.

See, I've been trying to lose weight for the better part of 30 years now and the best I've been able to do is slow the gain.

Well now it's crunch time.

Severely complicating the process is the gaping hole in my stomach. It saps all my energy. So the thing I've been trying to do and failing at when I was in good health I now have to somehow achieve while allways feeling like I've been running wind-sprints.

God has a twisted sense of humor.

Undeniably hysterical, but twisted.

So they'll be calling me in a few days to set up a call to a nutritionist and we'll schedule my surgery as soon as I drop some weight. I'm aiming for the end of the summer.

Yes, I know it's unrealistic, but it feels better to fail at an unrealistic goal than to fail at an attainable one.

I may have some help though. I have a friend that knows a crack dealer that's now selling Ephedra.

I did not make that up.

In my shape though, I may need the crack.



Thanks for all the well wishes guys, I appreciate them. I'll write more later. Right now I've got another comic strip idea that I need to rough out before I pass out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home