“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Friday, October 24, 2003

Many of you know that I just moved into an old house In one of Parkersburgs many decaying neighborhoods. There have been problems, but for the most part it's not bad. In fact, seeing as how the house was built in 1910, it's taken less time to break it in. My friends and I have rather a low standard of living.

So anyways, after spending the day patching holes in the kitchen, I decided to take a shower. Simple plan, and damn did I need it. So I'm in the shower, I'm soaping up, and two things happen simultaneously:

1: The water quits coming out of the shower-head.
2: Something slams me in the left shin.

That something being the tub spout. So now there's a powerful stream of water firing directly from a hole in the wall like a fire hose. So I spend the rest of the shower on my knees trying to get the soap off. Once that was accomplished I set about mopping the water from the sudden burst off the floor and celing. If nothing else we have good water pressure.

So now I have a bruised shin, an inoperative shower (something else to fix), and I don't think I got all the soap off.

I'll spare you the details...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home