“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Friday, June 16, 2006

So my hometown burned down.

Well, a fair portion of it anyways. Aparently some kids robbed the local feed store and set it on fire to disguse the break in.

I wish to God I'd made that up or exaggerated it in some way...

But yeah, Roberts store is now gone. The wooden building was 120 years old and filled with fertilizer and other flamable materials. It burned so hot that it took out two other nearby buildings entirely (though they really shouldn't count as they were falling over anyhow) and damaged two other nearby buildings. One of them, the bank across the street, had a couple windows pretty much explode from the heat. The other one, a church, had it's vinyl siding curl up, but sadly, did not burn down.

Serriously, it's a town of like 2,000 people with 200 or so churches. We could do without a few of them.

Well actually we could do without ALL of them, but that's a utopia we'll likely never see in my lifetime...

Oh, by the way, by the time you guys read this www.TerriblyWrongOnline.com will have been updated and two new strips will be posted.

And to all those concerned, YES I have been an outspoken proponent of burning Elizabeth to the ground, but I DO have an alibi.

Suck on that coppers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home