“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Yep. Things have been going great since the 'last birthday before 30' thing. In fact I've been sleeping like a baby, waking up every two hours and crying...

Why is it that we prize youth the way we do? Hell, I thought I was immune to this shit, and you know, truth be told, I'm dealing with it better than I let on, but it's good for material...

It seems to me that the last birthday we really celebrate in this country is the 21st and this is only because of the drinking age. After that a few are sort of uncomfortably endured and then they are lamented. What happens in countries where they don't have our stifling laws? Do they quit celebrating after they learn to drive? If that's the case then perhaps we're better off for having these stupid liberty-stealing restrictions?

Crap. I'm becoming pretentious in my old age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home