“I couldn't live a week without a private library
- indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor
before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

Thursday, August 07, 2003

So anyway, shortly after we moved into our swanky Louisiana avenue apartment we discovered (albeit accidently) that when we turn off the lights in the bathroom it kills the power to all of the outlets. In my brilliance I plugged a radio into one of the offending outlets so now we have music every time we turn on the lights. Pretty clever ‘eh? Everyone seems to like it. Some of the regulars to our restroom even say they now feel strange when they relieve themselves without music.

Thing is, it seems like most of the time I now use the restroom I get either a song from the band Rush, whom I can’t stand, Metallica’s new single ‘St Anger’ which I loathe, or the newcomers the White Stripes, who should burn in hell right between Metallica and the Bay City Rollers. I’m beginning to associate taking a shit with shitty music. Might I one day NEED shitty music to take a shit? Good God I hope not.

But the whole thing is worth it for the odd instances when I drop my pants to AC/DC’s “Big Balls”.

I am such a simple creature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home